Time-Zone setting for a client
To set the time-zone for your client(s) please browse to the studio settings in the top right corner and click on "clients" in the sub-menu to the right.
Click "Edit" on the client you want to change the time-zone for.
Client time-zone - For studios working with multiple clients in different time-zones, the time-zone can be defined at the client level.
The client time-zone will be used when delivering assets to the client where date or time is being used for naming folders and files, meta-data fields, etc.
Time-Zone setting as a user
To set the time-zone for you as a user, click on the time-zone icon next to your avatar in the top right corner.
User time-zone - When you have set the time-zone all production timestamps displayed in Gamma will reflect the user settings for date format and time-zone.
- Date format can be set to mm/dd/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy.
- The first day of the week can be set for Sunday or Monday.
- 24-hour time can be set to True/False.
Here are some important notes:
- By default, all timezones for client and user are UTC.
- By default, the first day of the week for all users is Monday.
- By default, the date format for all users is mm/dd/yyyy.
- By default, the time format for all users is the 12-hour clock.
- All date-times displayed in Gamma will follow the user settings, except the "Viewer Time Zone" in the Insights Report (This one is from Looker).
- All date-times displayed in HUE/Kelvin will follow the local PC timezone.
- All date-times in the Public API will use UTC, the format is Unix time.
- Job import: The "Job Deadline" and "Sample Return date" is defined in the import file → We will understand it as a user time zone.
- Sending annotations to External vendor: We will use browser (local) timezone.